***LATEST UPDATE - March 1, 2020***
We are happy and proud to announce that our entire staff has been vaccinated as of February 2021. Our team continues to be dedicated to all safety measures & guidelines, insuring your total confidence and a sanitary environment for you during your appointment.
We continue to abide by all safety measures recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for the safety of our patients and staff. We are offering new and existing patients in-office consultaions and treatments as well as virtual consultations and follow-up assessments via KLARA, our telemedicine platform. Every scheduled cosmetic consultation is complimentary, and tailored to fit your specific needs. There may be a fee for any medical dermatology consultation.
All patients must sign a Patient Protocol Agreement via KLARA before their Virtual Consult or In Office Appointment time. This "PPA" will inform you of the safety measures we're taking in reponse to the COVID-19 outbreak. We appreciate your cooperation in following the recommended guidelines we have put in place for your well-being.
Temperature Checks at Home and In Office
- All patients will need to check their temperature prior to their appointment. If you have a fever (100.4 F or above) we kindly ask that you alert our team and we will be happy to reschedule you for a later date.
- Upon arrival to the office, we will take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer. If you are running a fever, we will reschedule your appointment for a later date and do our best to accomodate you.
Strict Appointment Times
- In a effort to maintain social distancing guidelines, we ask you to arrive to the office within 5 minutes of your scheduled appointment time.
- Please use social distancing precautions in the elevator or take our spacious stairwell to our floor.
- If you are running late or arriving early, please call the office @ (212) 433-3344 so we may protect you and others from congregating in the lounge or other shared spaces.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All medical and office staff wear medical grade masks.
- Gloves and eye protection are worn by providers during procedures seen fit for aditional protection.
- All patients must arrive in their own face mask upon entry.
- If you arrive in gloves, we will ask you to dispose of them in our no-touch receptacle and immediately sanitize or wash your hands.
- During your time with us, if there is anything we can do to make you feel more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.
Hand Washing, Common Areas, Social Distancing
- All patients will sanitize and/or wash hands immediately upon entry.
- We ask that you sanitize your phones, sunglasses, or anything else handheld.
- Personal items go with you directly into your treatment ro
- We are upholding our 24 hour cancellation policy for patients that do not call and do not show for their appointment.
- Any cancellation or postponement must be made at least 24 hours in advance of your confirmed appointment. If your appointment is less than 45 mins in length and you move/cancel/no-show, you'll be charged $250. If it is longer than 45 minutes in length, and you move/cancel/no-show, you'll be charged $500.
- Follow-up appointments are subject to this Cancellation Policy.
- We appreciate any form of outreach should you need to cancel or rescheduling your appointment. If you are not feeling well at any time before your appointment, please call us immediately at 212-433-3344.
- We use medical grade virucidal and bactericidal disinfectant wipes and cleaners in each treatment room and between every single patient.
- We sanitize the chairs, counters, computers, and every surface in contact with patients or staff.
- Common areas & restrooms are sanitized multiple times throughout clinic hours.
- Any staff that feels ill is not allowed to report for work.
- We provide the proper PPE to our staff to insure your safety and well being.
If you have any outstanding questions, you can visit our Policy Page or text us by clicking the blue button on our website. Our staff is in house 9:30am and 6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Please know that we are so grateful for you, our patients, and we are honored you choose Center as your dermatology practice in New York City.
Cheryl Karcher, MD, Monique Olivares, PA-C, Nurse Lynn Wojton,
& The Center Team
Alexandra is the Marketing Director and Chief of Staff at Center Aesthetic & Dermatology. She's focused on creating the ideal patient journey and experience for every person that walks through our doors, as well as key content for our followers, patients, and readers.
As the practice grows, so does Alexandra's passion for all things aesthetics and wellness. She's also a big fan of tiny chihuahuas, but that's another blog for another time :)